Remote Online Closing
Paramount Title’s Settlement Attorney has been approved by the New Mexico Secretary of State to conduct Remote Online Notarizations, and Paramount Title has partnered with eNotaryLog.com to offer you Remote Online Closings (ROC). This means that you can conduct the entire closing process from the comfort of your home or office.
Who can participate in a ROC?
- Sellers and all-cash buyers may participate in a ROC; borrowers, however, must get their lender’s approval to do a ROC.
What do I need to participate in a ROC?
- You will need a computer with a videoconferencing capability (e.g. a webcam with camera, microphone and speakers); and
- At least one form of government-issued photo ID such as a valid driver’s license or passport.
How does an Online Closing work?
- Participants will receive an email invitation that includes the date and time for closing and a link to Paramount Title’s virtual closing room at eNotaryLog.com. When you enter the virtual closing room, your web cam will automatically turn on and you will be joined by your Settlement Attorney. Signers, their real estate agent, and their lender’s representative may also attend the Remote Online Closing via computer. Throughout the RON, Paramount Title’s Settlement Attorney will communicate with the signer and any other observers through the computer and webcam.
- The signer’s identity will be verified through a process called Knowledge Based Authentication (with the signer answering several questions about where they have lived, worked or dates of certain events known to the signer). After the signer correctly answers the preliminary questions, the signer will be prompted to upload an image of their photo ID.
- Both the signer and the Paramount Title’s Settlement Attorney will then proceed to electronically sign and notarize the closing documents pursuant to New Mexico’s Remote Online Notarization statute. An audio and video recording of the ROC session and notarization will be retained by Paramount Title’s notarial officer in accordance with state law.
- At the conclusion of the closing, copies of all remotely signed and notarized documents are instantly provided to the signer via email. It is that easy!